martes, 15 de marzo de 2011

Car horns

03/15/2011
What distinguishes one honk of a car horn from the next?  Does it signify danger? A greeting perhaps? That is a question that has plagued me since my arrival in South America.  One might honk their horn to warn you that they are approaching.  Better yet, they honk the horn to tell you that they have no intention in slowly down, so you better run like hell across the street even though you have the right away. The next car will honk to get your attention because they are a taxi cab driver and you might need a lift.  Another car will honk because the light just turned green and they fear that the car ahead of them is color blind.  While the other car honks because you are a female and they are male and clearly the honk of the horn is enough to get you hot and bothered.  But most likely, I have experienced that the honk is simply a signification that you have been seen.  It´s really like, thanks world, I didn´t know I existed until car manufactures installed the car horn. Whoa... it took me a while... but now I appreciate the meaning of the car horn...¨my existence. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario